Mennonite Women USA was formed in 2003 out of a long history of women connecting through friendship, fellowship, and mission and service projects. The first groups began in 1916-17, called Women’s Missionary and Service Commission of Mennonite Church and Women in Mission of the General Conference. They merged into bi-national Mennonite Women in 1997, which became Mennonite Women USA.
Historical material on women's organizations is available in the Archives of Mennonite Church USA :
- Women in Mission - Newton, Kansas archives
- Women's Missionary and Service Commission - Goshen, Indiana archives
- Mennonite Women and Mennonite Women USA - Newton, Kansas archives